Expat Tax Planning Home
Expatriate tax problems
Life insurance - income tax
Canadian tax creditExpat tax servicesTax preparation services Non-Resident B2B Corporate stuctureCanadian expatriates Tax Planning Avoid Double TaxationCanadian Tax Planning Become a Non-Resident Canadian Non-Resident Provincial residency statusIncome Tax PreparationInternational TaxationVoluntary DisclosureErroneous AssessmentsOverseas employment tax credit


Expat Tax Planning

Ottawa-Hull Gatineau Office
By Appointment Only  :

Main Office-BROSSARD
6, Place du Commerce,
Suite 203
Brossard (Quebec) Canada J4W 3J9

Telephone: (450) 672-1333
Fax: (450) 672-2470
Toll Free: 1 (866) 411-1333
Email: info@expat-tax.ca

We serve all clientele in Quebec, Canada and the World.




Determination of Provincial Residency Status ?

Provincial Tax liability 
Alien Tax Status

How can I determine my Provincial tax liability?
In order to determine the provincial tax liability in Canada, provincial residency status must first be clarified.           
In order to decide whether a person has "Provincial Residential Ties" and thus is deemed a "Resident," various criteria are considered such as:
domicile, spouce (Partner), property, such as a car or furniture, or social or business connections in the community.

Many other issues, may be considered relevant for the determination of the residency status.

Special regulations apply to persons who do not meet any of the criteria above or similar criteria, and who have, according to the "183-day-rule," spent more than 183 days during the calendar year in Canada.



Tel. : (450) 672-1333

Fax : (450) 672-2470

Toll free : 1 (866) 411-1333
E-mail :

Expat Tax Planning is an affiliated company of :
Défenseurs Fiscaux MC

“We solve tax problems…
… one satisfied client at a time.″

© 2011- Expat Tax planning
How to determine provincial residence status in Canada rules rulings law or criteria Establish provincial non-resident status for tax purposes Income tax and provincial status for a Canadian living in a province and working in another one Questionnaire on residence in a province of Canada, residential ties on a provincial level, foreigner Provincial and federal income tax for people from Ontario working in Quebec In which province must a Canadian resident of Quebec or Ontario pay federal and provincial income tax when living in a province of Canada and working in another one in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Manitoba, Northwest Territories Montreal Quebec Gatineau Hull Ottawa Ontario